Now I know I wrote a blog a few months ago about not comfort eating, but this week I have been feeling ill ( who gets colds in the summer! I mean come on!) and I wanted a treat. So… I decided it was ok to bend the rules, in addition these aren’t 100% From Scratch but as I say I am ill so…. it doesn’t count.
Also I always feel so much hungrier when I have a cold so snacks are essential.
I hope none of you are feeling under the weather but if you are whip these up and a guarantee you will feel a bit better. If not you can always get out the vix and cuddle up on the sofa in front of some olympic sport.
Peanut Butter and Jam Cupcakes
I know these might sound very rich, but in fact if you steer clear of ultra creaming icing which this recipe does then they are not sickly and very satisfying.
4 oz butter
4oz sugar ( I did 2oz white caster, 2oz light brown)
4 oz self raising flour
6-9 peanut butter cups
4oz peanut butter
14 oz icing sugar
Dash of milk
Grated dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl
- Whisk the eggs until they are light and fluffy. Add to the creamed mixture a little at a time until fully combined
- Add you flour and stir
- Chop the peanut butter cups into small pieces and stir into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into your cupcake cases and bake for 20 mins
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 10 mins
- Place your Jam in a piping bag and carefully push the nozzle until its about 2cms into the cupcake fill until the jam starts to appear at the top of the cake – do this for each cupcake
- Leave to cool completely
- For the icing cream the butter and peanut butter together
- Sift the icing sugar in and combine, add a dash of milk smooth out the mixture and then pipe or spread icing on to cupcakes
- Grate over some dark chocolate then curl up on the sofa and relax
The perfect recipe for a grey summer afternoon (or sunny if you happen to be that lucky).