With Valentines Day having just been and gone and what with me getting married this year, I have come over all romantic. Valentines Day is not a day I usually celebrate. I am all about love everyday not just one. However it is a great excuse to bake and also remind people that we think they are frickin awesome.
So with that said, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to make some little heart shaped biscuits to spread some love and sweet goodness around.
These were so simple and quick to make, so if you are looking for a way to share the love tomorrow or simply make some other folks smile why not give these a go.
Also before I forget it goes with out saying Happy Valentines Day – I frickin love you guys – thanks so much for reading and sharing this journey.
Have an amazing day!
Chocolate Chip Shortbread Biscuits – also known as – Love in Biscuit Form
(makes about 30/ 35 little biscuits)
3oz Caster Sugar
7oz Plain Flour
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
a little extra Caster Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven for 180 Degrees C
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth
- Add the vanilla essence and chocolate chips and combine
- Add in your flour and mix until you have a dough. Combine into a ball and roll out until to about 1cm thick
- Cut out your hearts using a cutter and place on a baking sheet, sprinkle over a little caster sugar and leave in the fridge for about 30mins
- Remove from the fridge and bake in the oven for about 12-15 mins
- Leave to cool and once cool package up with a lot of love
And as Bugsy Malone would say – You give a little love and it all comes back to you!