So I was all set to write about the Chocolate and Almond Butter Fudge I made – the complete Sugar and Dairy free beauty that it is. This stuff is good, really good. So good I didn’t really leave that much to photograph this morning. It kinda got eaten. So excuse my photo of the crumbs. Hopefully you will see it as a testament to a recipe worth trying.
If you are in the midst of a healthy January and really craving some sort of sweet and satisfying treat that doesn’t break any resolutions – well consider this your answer.
Hello Chocolatey Fudge goodness. Please stick around forever and be my best friend.
It is pretty simple to make but does need an hour or so in the fridge to harden so try making it before dinner, if you fancy enjoying some for dessert.
60g Coconut Oil
120g Almond Butter
120g Cocoa Powder
60g Dates (with stones removed)
Handful of Raisins (these aren’t essential just add extra sweetness)
1 pinch of unrefined Sea Salt
(don’t you just love that list – not a bad thing in sight!)
- Soak your dates in hot water for 20 mins then drain
- Melt your coconut oil over a low heat – you don’t want it to heat up too much – just to melt
- Place all your ingredients except for the Almond Butter and Raisins in a food processor and blitz until fully combined
- Then stir in the Almond Butter and Raisins
- Spread evenly in a dish/tin and place in the fridge to set
- After about an hour remove and chop into Fudge size chunks
This keeps well in the Fridge for at least a week or so, If it lasts that long! So that is Friday night sorted then!