Yes, these are some chocolatey cookies. I found a recipe for these ( which I shared on Saturday) last week and was desperate to give them a go they just sounded too damn good not to try. Luckily I had promised to do some baking so they seemed like the perfect treat to share around.
These cookies seem to me almost a cross between a brownie and a cookie, they have a cakey element but with a crunchy outside and a gooey middle. Basically the perfect cookie to devour straight out of the oven when curled up on the sofa.
Sounds like Autumn to me!
So on with the recipe.
8 oz Brown Sugar
2 oz Caster sugar
2oz Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
12oz Plain Flour
200g Dark Chocolate roughly chopped
3 packets Rolos
Nutella to fill
- In a pan melt your butter over a low heat
- Remove from the heat and add both sugars, stir until combined and then mix in the eggs
- Next stir in the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix until fully combined
- Finally add the flour and stir until you can’t see any more flour
- Place in a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to chill for a few hours (you don’t have to do this but you will get very sticky hands shaping your cookies if you don’t!)
- Once your mixture has chilled for a few hours it should be easy to shape into balls.
- Preheat your oven to 180C degrees
- With each cookie ball push a rolo into the centre and add 1/2 tsp of Nutella fold the rest of the dough over and reshape into a ball
- Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the rest of your cookies
- Bake in the oven for 10-12mins
And that’s it. Leave them to cool for at least 5 mins but then feel free to devour. Although for the sake of your health – it might be worth sharing a few!