I think after my last blog you can probably tell I have gone a bit crazy for Watermelon. And I promised you recipes. So thought I would share my favourite recipe so far.
Watermelon and Feta Salad. Honestly I would rather eat this salad than most other food – It is so delicious. Sweet juice watermelon making love to warm crumbly tangy feta. I mean come on. It’s like the Sonny and Cher of flavour combinations. Now eating feta without watermelon seems like going to the cinema and not getting popcorn. It think this was a match made in heaven.
Any hoo, what I am trying to say is try it, it’s delicious.
Generous 5th of a Watermelon chopped into chunks
Half a block of Feta cut into cubes
Broad Beans and Peas, cooked and cooled
Dash Raspberry vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
As you can see you really don’t need a lot of ingredients for this, and it is so quick to make – I defy Jamie and his 15 minute meals to come up with something quicker and more delicious.
So how do you turn these simple ingredients into tastebud heaven? Well…..
- Mix your watermelon, lettuce and beans and peas in a salad bowl
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees, gently heat your feta for about 1 mins ( it doesn’t need long – this just makes it extra crumbly and soft)
- Add your feta into the salad
- Mix your dressing and season to taste
- Pour over and serve/ devour all by yourself and don’t tell anyone else you made it.
I told you it was quick. Almost as good as the poetry in my last post – am I right? ( probably not… this is definitely better!)