After my last post, you can guess that I have been pretty enamoured with Nectarines recently.
And when it comes to desserts. Nothing can really beat a summer tart. So with two Nectarines and some Cherries left in my fruit bowl and friends coming over for dinner there was nothing for it but a Nectarine and Cherry tart.
This is such a simple recipe and really easy to do if you want a yummy pudding but are feeling a bit lazy. I made most of this once my friends had arrived and it was very simple and quick to put together.
I really recommend this as a quick and reasonably easy summer dessert.
Nectarine and Cherry Tart
3oz cold butter cut into cubes
6oz plain flour
around 75mls cold water
Handful of Cherries
2 tbsp Acacia Honey
25g or about 2 tsbp butter melted
Zest 1 lemon or lime
A generous handful of pistachios ground into crumbs
- To make the pastry, combine the butter and flour in a food processor and mix until the texture is similar to breadcrumbs
- Add the water and keep mixing until it forms a ball of dough
- Remove from mixer and place in the fridge for an hour
- Remove from the fridge roll out into a round and place in tart dish
- Cut off the excess pastry – but be generous as it can shrink when you bake it
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees and blind bake your pastry case for 15 mins
- In the meantime, chop your nectarines and cherries
- Next whisk your eggs in a bowl and combine with the melted butter, honey and lemon/lime zest
- Once the pastry dish has baked for 15 mins leave to cool for another 15 – 20mins
- To assemble scatter half of your ground pistachios onto the pastry, place your fruit into the tart and then pour over the egg mix
- Scatter the rest of the pistachios and bake this in the oven for 25 mins
- Then remove and leave to cool for about 5 mins before eating
For me this is the perfect summer treat, quick, colourful and beautifully sweet!