When I was brainstorming ideas for this Easter Countdown I decided I wanted to try and feature some fantastic Easter presents. My original plan was a Faberge Easter egg. How fantastic would that be! Well great plan, turns out I couldn’t find an appropriate Easter egg mould and I didn’t trust my own ability to decorate to the level of Faberge and then I hit upon it. Scrumdidlyumptious Bars.
You know Willy Wonka!
It just so happens that Monsieur From Scratch is a connoisseur of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, which makes this a perfect idea. Anyway I decided instead of Easter Eggs for all my beloved Family I would make them Scrumddidlyumptious Bars. The issue here – what is a Scrumddidlyumptious Bar? All I seem to know is that – I don’t ask a fish how it swims, or a bird how it flies, no siree I don’t.
The real question is – can I take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, cover it with chocolate and a miracle or too – and make the perfect bar of Chocolate.
Well I may not be a Candy Man, but I certainly know this, everyones tastes differ so the only way to get to the bottom of my family’s perfect Chocolate bar? Simple… Just ask!
And here are the results:
- White Chocolate (read Milkybar) with Raisins and Nuts
- A mix of Milk and White chocolate flowing in ribbons with juicy Raisins, bubbles of Praline with some Honey crisp bits with caverns of soft Caramel
- Orange Chocolate with Hazelnuts
- Dark Chocolate with Almonds and Cointreau
- Layers of Nougat, Caramel and Biscuit, covered in milk Chocolate with an embedded champagne truffle – This one even came with an instructional drawing
As you can see a varying degree of challenges, but all well worth attempting.
SO can I mix it with love and make the world taste good?
Find out tomorrow! (Don’t you just love a cliff hanger)
In the meantime why not get planning your perfect chocolate bars, all you really need is some chocolate to melt (I am planning to use a thin loaf tin for my chocolate mould) and some goodies to place in it. That way you will have the perfect Easter gifts.