I can’t get enough soup in my life at the moment. It is uncategorically freezing outside, and whislt in my last post I talked about how January is a good month etc. etc. yadda,yadda, yadda. Boy is it cold!
When the weather is like this there is nothing for it but to baton down the hatches and eat utterly warming food. On the menu today, White Bean and Chorizo Soup for lunch and Sausages with Parsnip and Apple Mash for dinner. I won’t waste your time with my Sausage and Mash, it is pretty self explanitory. However the soup, well the soup was perfect. Warm, healthy and delicous. I feel like I am repeating myself here. But soup is so good and so easy to make, so I am urging you have a go, it’s the perfect lunch.
Without any further ado here’s the recipe
1. Chop the Onion, Carrot, Celery and soften in a large pan
2. Chop the Garlic and Sage and add to the pan
3. Rinse the Canalini Beans and add with Chicken Stock
4. Leave to Simmer for 15mins
5. Then blitz your soup with a blender and set aside
6. Meanwhile chop your Chorizo into slices or chunks and lightly fry in a pan
7. Pour out your soup and garnish with pieces of Chorizo and some of the Chorizo Oil
So satisfying, filled with hidden goodness and of course utterly scrumptious!