Wow it has been nearly two months since I last posted! What have I been doing! Well the answer is a lot of traveling, a lot of wedding planning, a lot of exercise, a lot of work – so in general a lot. All in all that equalled not a lot of blogging.
Now things seem to be busy, but at least I am at home so I can actually cook and photograph etc. so hopefully everything should be getting back to normal.
So let’s kick things with a good old fashioned cake.
You won’t believe me when I tell you before a few weeks ago I had never made a carrot cake. Yes, that is correct never. This is really odd for two reasons – One: I love to bake and two: I love carrot cake. Do a life time without making them is just bizarre. However now I have rectified this great wrong.
I really loved making these carrot cake cupcakes, they were so easy – especially if you have a food processor and they were delicious. Only problem is the fat content of the cream cheese icing – but every now and then this can be overlooked. Especially for the sake of good cake.
Baking may not suit the beautiful weather we are having right now, but these are too good not to share so without further ado here is the recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes.
200ml Sunflower Oil
4 free-range eggs
4 tbsp Clear Honey
8oz Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
4 Carrots Grated
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 ½oz Cream Cheese
12oz Icing Sugar,
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. In a bowl whisk together the oil, eggs and honey
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and mix
4. Grate the carrots and stir in with the raisins and vanilla essence, stir until everything is combined
5. Spoon into your cupcake cases and bake for 15-20mins
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool
7. In the meantime beat together your cream cheese and butter until it is light and fluffy
8. Add the vanilla essence and then sift in the icing sugar – stir until everything is combined
9. Once your cupcakes have cooled ice and garnish with crushed walnuts
And that is up. So if like me you have never given Carrot Cake ago I throughly recommend testing this out.